Perform all necessary mechanical maintenance and operational procedures to assure maximum life and reliability to all mechanical systems; responsible for general maintenance and operational duties which include, but are not limited to, performance testing, maintenance, adjustment, and care of all mechanical systems
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: packaging and handling machinery, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, grounds equipment and HVAC
Clean, lubricate and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic devices
Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
Possess competent knowledge of use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and grounds maintenance
Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations
Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems
Clean building cooling tower
Complete all work orders assigned in a timely manner
Interact with tenants on a daily basis in a professional manner
Perform the following:
Basic carpentry repairs
Minor plumbing repairs
Minor electrical repairs
Perform quarterly PM’s of building equipment
Repair door hardware
Repair, change or add door locks
Change light bulbs and ballasts as assigned
Respond to and investigate hot/cold calls
Handle miscellaneous tasks as assigned such as painting, pressure washing, snow removal, holiday decorations
Maintain a record and copy of all building keys
Insure shop areas, mechanical, and electrical rooms are kept clean and orderly
Maintain working knowledge of building controls to include: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, building access, security, fire and elevators
Enter information in the property’s maintenance record file system.
Participate in company or external educational opportunities offered
Maintain a neat, clean appearance at all times; repair or replace torn or stained uniforms as needed.
Handle other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• HS Diploma or GED
• Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, or plumbing.
• At least three years experience in commercial HVAC maintenance
• Working knowledge of work order system and facility operation systems
• Familiar with fire/life safety equipment/procedures.
• Excellent customer service skills; ability to successfully interact with tenants/vendors/contractors
• Valid, clean driver's license.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with tenants, vendors, employees and visitors.
• Must be able to read and write English in order to understand manuals, procedures and to write reports.
• Familiarity with blueprints and code requirements
• Universal CFC Certification preferred
• Energy Management Systems
• Maintenance Electrical
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., work from heights, and verify colors, climb ladders frequently
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loud environment in mechanical room